Notifications
Clear all

Eurasian lynx?  

RSS
Splashstorm β“‹
Eminent Member

I've become interested in this species but I can barely find any information on them or their husbandry. I saw a video of one with a kid, and it seemed very affectionate. 😍😍😍 At first I thought they were endangered but they're least concern! 

【 Past Pets 】Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
【 Close Future 】Blue merle smooth collie service dog prospect in late spring/early summer!
【 Far Future 】Alaskan noble companion dog, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Missouri fox trotter horse, African painted dog & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━/(=βŒ’xβŒ’=)\━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
β–‘β–’β–“β–ˆα΄…α΄Ι΄'α΄› Ι’Κ€Ιͺᴇᴠᴇ. α΄€Ι΄Κα΄›ΚœΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ʏᴏᴜ ΚŸα΄κœ±α΄‡ α΄„α΄α΄α΄‡κœ± Κ€α΄α΄œΙ΄α΄… ΙͺΙ΄ α΄€Ι΄α΄α΄›Κœα΄‡Κ€ κœ°α΄Κ€α΄.β–ˆβ–“β–’β–‘
.・。.γƒ»γ‚œβœ­γƒ».γƒ»βœ«γƒ»γ‚œγƒ»γ€‚γƒ»πŸ°πŸ’«πŸΆ.・。.γƒ»γ‚œβœ­γƒ».γƒ»βœ«γƒ»γ‚œγƒ»γ€‚γƒ».・
.・。.γƒ»γ‚œβœ­γƒ».γƒ»βœ«γƒ»γ‚œγƒ»γ€‚γƒ»πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’— .・。.γƒ»γ‚œβœ­γƒ».γƒ»βœ«γƒ»γ‚œγƒ»γ€‚γƒ».・
β”—β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β—¦πŸΎβ—¦β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”›

Posted : March 1, 2020 5:14 am
Nìmwey
Reputable Member

Of course, they're found all over northern Eurasia, there are a couple of thousand of them in Sweden alone. πŸ˜€Β 
Wikipedia says there are 10 000 lynx alive, but that's according to the IUCN only in Europe. There are 22 500 in Russia alone, 10 000 in Mongolia, and 27 000 in China.

I don't know if I'll ever have a wild cat but the lynx is where I would go (big cat but not too big, seems to have a nice temperament, and I love boreal fauna).
There are several for sale on here right now, so they're definitely available in America: https://www.exoticanimalsforsale.net/search?q=Lynx

Here is a video of one in the home, in Moscow. It's Russia so I imagine it's actually living in the house with them, but it's obviously recommended to give them some sort of outside enclosure. Especially with small children around. 😢 But they say they've had it just fine for six years.

Another lynx owner in Russia: https://englishrussia.com/2012/07/08/lynx-as-a-pet/

Β 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 1, 2020 7:03 am
Nìmwey
Reputable Member

Here, another video of the Moscow lynx.

It's not clear, but he says he was out hunting wild boar, when a lynx came out and another hunter shot the lynx, this man felt it was so unnecessary and felt sorry for it, and then he went and bought another lynx from a farm(? it's not clear).

They have a sort of outdoor enclosure, a balcony with wire, where the lynx sits out in the evening and enjoys looking at people, cars and so on, and people come up and photograph him. He likes the owner but doesn't like it when other people come in to his territory (the balcony).

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 1, 2020 9:34 am
Splashstorm β“‹
Eminent Member

Shit, yeah ill definitely get a Eurasian lynx as my first exotic cat. Then cheetah next πŸ˜‚ with cheetahs I read on a fb group that they're $50k from overseas.Β 

【 Past Pets 】Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
【 Close Future 】Blue merle smooth collie service dog prospect in late spring/early summer!
【 Far Future 】Alaskan noble companion dog, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Missouri fox trotter horse, African painted dog & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━/(=βŒ’xβŒ’=)\━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
β–‘β–’β–“β–ˆα΄…α΄Ι΄'α΄› Ι’Κ€Ιͺᴇᴠᴇ. α΄€Ι΄Κα΄›ΚœΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ʏᴏᴜ ΚŸα΄κœ±α΄‡ α΄„α΄α΄α΄‡κœ± Κ€α΄α΄œΙ΄α΄… ΙͺΙ΄ α΄€Ι΄α΄α΄›Κœα΄‡Κ€ κœ°α΄Κ€α΄.β–ˆβ–“β–’β–‘
.・。.γƒ»γ‚œβœ­γƒ».γƒ»βœ«γƒ»γ‚œγƒ»γ€‚γƒ»πŸ°πŸ’«πŸΆ.・。.γƒ»γ‚œβœ­γƒ».γƒ»βœ«γƒ»γ‚œγƒ»γ€‚γƒ».・
.・。.γƒ»γ‚œβœ­γƒ».γƒ»βœ«γƒ»γ‚œγƒ»γ€‚γƒ»πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’— .・。.γƒ»γ‚œβœ­γƒ».γƒ»βœ«γƒ»γ‚œγƒ»γ€‚γƒ».・
β”—β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β—¦πŸΎβ—¦β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”β”›

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 2, 2020 12:32 am
Nìmwey
Reputable Member

I thought cheetahs were not in the private trade at all, but then I found this breeder in Spain: http://www.cheetahs-rock.de/
Don't know what kind of people they sell to, though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 2, 2020 7:39 am
Share: