Your vehicle's MPG

Notifications
Clear all

Your vehicle's MPG

Page 1 / 2
Goob
 Goob
Trusted Member

Self explanatory. If you have a car, golf-cart, moped, half-ton, or motorcycle post your average mpg of that vehicle. If you drive multiple vehicles, post the mpg of the vehicle you drive most, then talk about the others below.

(mine is probably the worst )

"Whether you think you can do it, or think you can't, you are right." --Herald Ford
LEGO is life.

Topic starter Posted : July 30, 2012 11:08 pm
Goob
 Goob
Trusted Member

I drive a 2003 Chevy s-10 zr2. It has a 4.3L v6 turbo in it, and on a good day I may get around 9-10 mpg highway. The whole truck has 85000 miles on it. This was a special order by the previous owner whom I bought this from. Massive 32 inch (I think) offroad grade tires, with the 2 inch zr2 lift. 320 hp Vortec engine; carbureted. We have recently removed the catalytic converters from it which improved the hp. On a full tank of gas I can go for a good 350 miles.

I also drive a golf cart that gets 60 mpg. E-Z-GO 2 cylinder. Custom $1,900 paint job with a 5.5 inch lift on 22 inch tires.

Just saying stuff like that.

"Whether you think you can do it, or think you can't, you are right." --Herald Ford
LEGO is life.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 30, 2012 11:35 pm
Ash
 Ash
Admin Admin

I drive a 15 passenger Chevy Express... Around 10 mpg in the city and 14 on the highway. Blech. It's a guzzler.

I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 31, 2012 1:56 am
Goob
 Goob
Trusted Member

I drive a 15 passenger Chevy Express... Around 10 mpg in the city and 14 on the highway. Blech. It's a guzzler.

How far can you go on a full tank?

LEGO is life.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 1, 2012 6:21 pm
Ash
 Ash
Admin Admin

How far can you go on a full tank?

Well, it can hold up to 26 gallons, I believe. So I guess between 260 and 364. My grandparents drive a Prius, and I'm so jealous!

I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2012 12:00 am
sarajeku
Noble Member

I just got a mini cooper. Smile I'm excited to not fill it up every 3 days. Wayyyy better on gas than my jeep was. I still have my jeep too though.. "just in case" haha

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2012 8:48 am
Goob
 Goob
Trusted Member

I'd love to see a pic of your golf car! Sounds great!
We just did up an old Dodge truck, put a Cummins engine in it. I think it runs about 15l to the 100. (sorry, metric - too lazy to convert right now) anyway, we are pretty happy with it.
We have numerous other cars, but I'm not quite sure of the feeding frenzy of those at the moment.

Totally unrelated pic of our golf cart:

LEGO is life.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 4, 2012 10:37 pm
Splashstorm
Prominent Member

Wish i could vote but i don't have a car :b

Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 4, 2012 11:11 pm
Goob
 Goob
Trusted Member

Wish i could vote but i don't have a car :b

A motorized vehicle is anything with a motor and wheels. Not just a car! Smile

LEGO is life.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 19, 2012 10:22 pm
Juska
Noble Member Pats Friends

I drive a 2001 Chrysler Town & Country LX. It has a V6 and can really haul if it needs to, but it's exponentially better on gas than my mom's Ford Explorer (14MPG, lol). It gets about 24MPG on a good day. There's currently an exhaust leak that needs to be fixed. Once that is done it'll be back "up to speed"

I also have a 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse. I'm not sure of the MPG but it's better than the van. My parents can drive it back and forth to work for about 2 weeks without filling it up. I wish I could do that with the van!

Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix and Namira the domestic shorthair cat

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2012 10:00 am
Goob
 Goob
Trusted Member

I drive a 2001 Chrysler Town & Country LX. It has a V6 and can really haul if it needs to, but it's exponentially better on gas than my mom's Ford Explorer (14MPG, lol). It gets about 24MPG on a good day. There's currently an exhaust leak that needs to be fixed. Once that is done it'll be back "up to speed"

I also have a 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse. I'm not sure of the MPG but it's better than the van. My parents can drive it back and forth to work for about 2 weeks without filling it up. I wish I could do that with the van!

I can go for a good 3 weeks of moderate driving too. However, my gas tank is MASSIVE. It's around 50 or so gallons. I almost got a ticket because it's too loud. I have Flowmasters on it, and it sounds beautiful. Hopefully no one will ticket me for driving without catalytic converters.

LEGO is life.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 23, 2012 10:40 pm
Splashstorm
Prominent Member

Happy birthday GOOB!:D

Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 24, 2012 1:15 am
egroegart
Reputable Member Pats Friends

We have a 2007 Hummer H3. We average 17 to 19 MPG. I'm always looking for ways to improve mileage even though it isn't terrible for a big heavy truck. So far I've opened up the exhaust and put on glass packs, next is going to be a K&N complete air intake. We have 33" tires so that doesn't help the mileage but they are great off road.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 24, 2012 11:00 am
kermisracer
Estimable Member

My Golf GTI gets great mileage when driven at legalish highway speeds (31 mpg). Different story when you drive it like it's meant to be, though it would be impossible to get it much below 20 mpg.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 24, 2012 3:34 pm
Goob
 Goob
Trusted Member

Happy birthday GOOB!:D

Thankies. I'm 18 now. I don't feel it though! Haha.

We have a 2007 Hummer H3. We average 17 to 19 MPG. I'm always looking for ways to improve mileage even though it isn't terrible for a big heavy truck. So far I've opened up the exhaust and put on glass packs, next is going to be a K&N complete air intake. We have 33" tires so that doesn't help the mileage but they are great off road.

Nice HUMMER. I really wish GM didn't discontinue it. I think the H3's were okay, but my favorite is the Hummer H1 Alpha. This company needs to be restarted. It won't be affected be the gas guzzler tax since it's not a car.

LEGO is life.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 16, 2012 11:10 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: