Man Breaks Into San...

Notifications
Clear all

Man Breaks Into San Diego Zoo’s Elephant Enclosure

Peacefulward
Honorable Member Pats Friends

SAN DIEGO -- A father has been arrested on suspicion of child endangerment after he carried his 2-year-old daughter into the elephant habitat at the San Diego Zoo to take a photograph with the animals.

The man bypassed multiple barriers and "purposely and illegally trespassed" into a habitat for Asian and African elephants Friday afternoon, zoo spokesman Andrew James said.

[Link to News Article]

This is nuts. He even brought his kid in there. Do people really not understand how dangerous animals like this can be? Very lucky to not be dead— that elephant could have charged a LOT faster. 

3 Dogs, 2 horses, 1 donkey, ducks, chickens, and a coatimundi currently

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, mink, sand cat, owl (any species).

Topic starter Posted : March 22, 2021 8:41 am
Juska
Noble Member Pats Friends

"purposely and illegally trespassed"

Gotta love that entitlement people have... Even if it's being entitled to risk their own lives for a picture.

Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix and Namira the domestic shorthair cat

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 23, 2021 9:02 pm
Peacefulward
Honorable Member Pats Friends

@juska

I know right? It’s ridiculous. It makes me fume that he took his little kid along with him too. Why would anybody in the crowd let him through to do that, too? I wouldn’t be willing to stand by and watch as a guy does something that could have his kid smushed and gored right in front of me. 😥 

I just can’t get over how lucky this guy was that neither of them were killed or hurt. That elephant could’ve charged way faster if it wanted to and just trampled them. And all for a picture?

3 Dogs, 2 horses, 1 donkey, ducks, chickens, and a coatimundi currently

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, mink, sand cat, owl (any species).

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 24, 2021 3:21 pm
Vibrant Skies

I just don't understand people sometimes. I'm not sure whether it's stupidity or sensationalism that drives them to do things like this. Probably both.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 1, 2021 1:19 pm
Trefoil
Member Admin

Its got to be stupidity.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 10, 2021 4:53 pm
Share: