Notifications
Clear all

Hi, Everyone  

RSS
Nimbacinus

Hi!

My name is Hilary, and I'm happy to be here.

I've been interested in exotic animals for most of my life, and have been lucky enough to have worked with a couple off and on over the years. Currently, I'm on around my 8th year of running a hedgehog rescue here in Maryland. We added rats to the rescue around 6 years ago and this year also accepted three kingsnakes into the mix. For 2 years now we've also had an African Pied Crow here in our home providing her colorful commentary to our everyday lives.

Several years ago I worked with the Urban Coyote Research Project in Montana and was lucky enough to get to interact with those canids, as well as a couple rez dogs and wolves over the years. I'd love to get back to working with them (as well as foxes!) but so far it just hasn't been in the cards. MD, being the restrictive state it is, isn't the most welcoming spot to be working with exotics.

One of my long-term goals in life is definitely to rescue Virginia Opossums. 

I look forward to getting to know some of you here, learning more, and eventually moving somewhere where I can experience more of these wonderful creatures.

Thank you all for your time.

Posted : August 18, 2020 8:06 pm
Share: