First it was peeing...

Notifications
Clear all

First it was peeing - now it's pooping!

Destiny'smom
Eminent Member

Ok, I posted awhile ago about Gin (17 wk Silver Fox) peeing whenever I take her out of her crate - well now she not only doing that but she's pooping!

My husband put a nice outside pen up for her - she's only in it for a couple hrs a day in the morning and at night. It's got plenty of room, toys, a dog igloo and he even put some logs in there so she can climb and jump.

So her newest thing is pooping in the house on the way to her crate. After being outside for an hour or so, I'll put her leash on and then walk around the yard for half hour or so, she gets to sniff and pee on all kinds of different things - but without fail, as soon as we come into the house, she will start to poop - even while walking.

It's driving me crazy!!!! Any suggestions?? I'd pick her up and carry her but she's still peeing so she'll pee all over me (plus I wouldn't be surprised if she poops on me too since nothing seems to deter her).

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Vicki

Mom to: Gin (Silver Fox kit), Ethan (squirrel), Moufey, Destiny, Aidan, Phoebe, Ruby & Shyla (Domestic Skunks) & Tobi (African Grey Parrot)

Topic starter Posted : August 5, 2012 12:40 pm
pat
 pat
Admin Admin

is she litter trained?

what do you mean you put her in a crate and for how long?

foxes will mark, even poop sometimes. but, marking is only a quick and short squirt.

if she only does this when putting her in a crate, she might know what is coming on the way into the house.

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 6, 2012 7:39 am
Destiny'smom
Eminent Member

She sleeps in her crate at night and when I can't watch her during the day, she spends more of her time playing outside. She does mark outside, especially when she's being walked on her leash - she will pee though all through the house on the way outside (or coming back in) - even if I'm carrying her (she just pees all over me) - and now the pooping, even though she's been outside, both in her pen and walking the yard on her leash with me...

Vicki

Mom to: Gin (Silver Fox kit), Ethan (squirrel), Moufey, Destiny, Aidan, Phoebe, Ruby & Shyla (Domestic Skunks) & Tobi (African Grey Parrot)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 6, 2012 9:19 am
Destiny'smom
Eminent Member

Haha - well I think I've figured out a solution. I now pick her up and tuck her tail in between her legs while I carry her inside - she can't poop with her tail there and then she's free to go once I turn her loose again....

Vicki

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 6, 2012 8:41 pm
Share: