Where do you all wo...

Notifications
Clear all

Where do you all work?

caninesrock
Noble Member

Well, like the title says, what's your job/career/place of employment, etc.?

I work for a grocery store as a bagger at the moment. I absolutely hate it.

I'm looking into how I can get money to go back to college though.

Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,Coyote or Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, ferrets,

Topic starter Posted : June 25, 2016 9:15 pm
TamanduaGirl
Admin Admin

I'm self employed and work from home. I usually dub myself a virtual assistant but that usually just causes more questions. I'd say most of what I do is helping companies organize their digital stuff but exact details can vary.

You can get phone jobs from home like answer customer service calls during certain hours. But I really kind of have a fear of talking on the phone.

I originally found what I do here but it was set up much differently back then: http://www.wahm.com/jobs.html

If you find something you can do over the internet then you can do it anywhere so take you job with you when you go and if you do get pets stay home with them.

My fennec fox site: http://tiny-foxes.com
My anteater site: http://www.livingwithanteaters.com

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TamanduaGirl

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2016 10:22 pm
Ash
 Ash
Admin Admin

I work at a reptile educational facility. Also I work from home on a graphic novel. Neither is very lucrative, but it's enough to get by and save up. Living in my parent's retirement home, I don't have to pay rent. So that's a huge money-saver there.

Phone jobs would be really handy. It might be worth looking into for me on certain days. First I need to get a new phone that actually rings when somebody calls, lol. Something to look into. I used to have a big fear of talking on the phone, but after working in car sales, I got over that within the first few weeks.

One thing you can do is garden for people. Not like complicated stuff, but you could maintain peoples' yards. Go door-to-door to your neighbors first, ask if they need their yards maintained, and charge them for your labor. It's a physical labor, but it wouldn't be bad. I used to think I'd hate yard work (being in the sun--I don't like it much) but it's actually very fulfilling. Mowing, pulling weeds, clipping branches, raking leaves, etc.

I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2016 11:38 pm
Ash
 Ash
Admin Admin

Actually, this fall I'm planning on going door to door, maybe asking $10-15 to rake someone's yard. I would just knock, ask, and then do it if they said so. I need the leaves for my reptile enclosures, so it would be mutually beneficial for me to do. Nice thing about it, I get the job there and then get it DONE without having to come back, report to anyone, etc. I could even quit after the first house or two if I wanted.

I did a "secret Santa" kind of raking up leaves last year. I picked a random house with lots of leaves in the yard, and just decided to rake it and steal the leaves, lol. I'd like to think the people were happy when they got home. But who knows. Maybe they liked the leaves on their lawn, and now I'm a wanted woman. lol.

I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2016 11:41 pm
minervasden
Member Moderator

I take care of the dog which lives next door. Seven days a week but intermittently over the day not multi-hour shifts each day.

I stay in the dark because too much light will blind you

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 30, 2016 10:20 am
Peacefulward
Honorable Member Pats Friends

I'm a student in high school, but I pet sit and do odd little jobs for the neighbors. I used to crystal professional vests for equestrian competitors, but I haven't done anything like that in a while. It made me quite a bit of money ($150-$400 a vest depending on how many crystals and how complex the design was) but at the time most of it went to my Mother since she was in a tough spot financially.
Going to high school really stresses me out since I'm agoraphobic, so I haven't been able to get a "proper" job. None of the jobs available to teens appeal to me anyways, but in the future I'd be interested in becoming a veterinarian or zoologist of some sort.

3 Dogs, 2 horses, 1 donkey, ducks, chickens, and a coatimundi currently

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, mink, sand cat, owl (any species).

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 5, 2016 4:44 am
SneakyT

I work as a hairstylist here in my neighborhood. Almost all my clients are students from the local college and it's really exciting to work with people who are young and full of energy. I really like my job and I think I'm on the way to success. I even started thinking about making my own blog dedicated to everything hairstyle-related, as Monica did. Those beauty tips are really popular nowadays and I have a lot of experience to share. Of course, sometimes there are troubles at work, but who doesn't have it, right?

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2019 3:43 am
pat
 pat
Admin Admin

I work as a hairstylist here in my neighborhood. Almost all my clients are students from the local college and it's really exciting to work with people who are young and full of energy. I really like my job and I think I'm on the way to success. I even started thinking about making my own blog dedicated to everything hairstyle-related, as Monica did. Those beauty tips are really popular nowadays and I have a lot of experience to share. Of course, sometimes there are troubles at work, but who doesn't have it, right?

I use to be a hairstylist long time ago. I hated it, maybe cause I worked in a rich area.(I didn't live in that area)
the woman were picky. also, I can remember when I was in school for beautician, after some many hours in school, they would let the students work on customers. one lady come in with hardly any hair, she brings me a picture of a hair style she wanted. needless to say, the picture she showed me was impossible to style her hair like the picture. yep, she got mad

as for your blog, yes, go for it. when you do, let me know the address to your blog.

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2019 10:07 am
Share: