Sybil’s Message Board

Steve Irwin?  

RSS
pat
 pat
Member Admin

Has anyone ever watched Steve Irwin shows? Sadly, he passed away about 10 years ago, A stingray killed him :cry:
Last night I watched a couple shows on youtube. Now his son Robert Irwin followed his dads foot steps.
He is very good with so many different animals. Robert was on one Jimmy Kimmel show several times.
it was so funny, cause kimmel was scared of most of the exotic animals that Robert Irwin on stage.

Robert Irwin (as did his dad) lives in Australia. There are a lot of unique animals there that United States don't have.
If anyone gets a chance, it is worth the watch.

Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den

Posted : 23/07/2019 12:32 pm
Juska
Noble Member

I used to watch The Crocodile Hunter on TV as a kid. Steve Irwin was one of the reasons I love animals so much today.

Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the domestic shorthair cat

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/07/2019 3:57 pm
pat
 pat
Member Admin

I used to watch The Crocodile Hunter on TV as a kid. Steve Irwin was one of the reasons I love animals so much today.

I watched Steve Irwin lot. always love learning about new animals.
If I wish rich and famous, OK, well just rich :lol: I would have more animals, but would have to hire help. :lol:
His shows was on also on " Animal planet". I don't get that channel. My TV don't work on regular channels anymore. but, my Roku works fine.

Robert Irwin also had a few baby anteaters (Mary would love seeing that one)
He also had so many snakes (I don't like snakes, I know Ash does, she might have enjoyed seeing that)
he even had the snakes. snapping turtles and so much more.

If you get a chance Juska, and the other members, watch Robert Irwin's shows.

Actually, how I end up getting into all the animals I had and have , My The vet friend gave me a book filled with many exotic animals.
The first ones I got was emu's and rheas. my vet friend also got some. I have not talked to him for awhile, long story on that deal.
Actually, at that time, I wanted a ostrich :roll: Until I found how dangerous they could be. I settled for Emu's. they are very nice birds.
the male rheas were nasty no matter what I did. The one male was very dominant, hubby would feed them, he use to have to put a bag over the nasty male to go in and feed the other ones. Later he had to kill him.

All I can say it is has been quite a learning experience for me.
long time ago, I wanted a kangeroo until I seen the price. that is when I settled for a black bear. Sybil was much cheaper.
After raising Sybil, all the other animals was a breeze to raise. The breeder pulled Sybil from momma the day of the auction,
geez,took me 6 months to work with here. The breeder that Sybil came from use to force hibernation on his bears so he didn't have to feed them. how cruel. He passed away. I can't say I am sorry to hear that.

I loved the auction in Ohio, they had so any unique animals there. ever since Terry Thomason got busted, the action quit allowing bears and other animals :twisted: I believe Terry Thomas was set up.

the auction is pretty neat. you can pet all the animals there. They even had elephants I was able to pet. I would love to have a couple elephants,
but, really could not afford to feed them. icon-sad

sorry for long post, I get carried away when I talk about animals. :lol:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/07/2019 10:36 am
Juska
Noble Member

I think Animal Planet really fueled my love for animals, and Steve was one of my favorites. I wanted to be like him when I grew up. I learned to have compassion for all animals even if they're not cuddly, like snakes and crocs and spiders. The shows like K9-to-5 and Breed All About It got me into dogs and how I learned about therapy dogs. Which is how I got into 4H for training therapy dogs and trained my first ever dog (Max, my Malamute/Aussie) to be one 🙂

Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the domestic shorthair cat

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2019 7:42 am
pat
 pat
Member Admin

I think Animal Planet really fueled my love for animals, and Steve was one of my favorites. I wanted to be like him when I grew up. I learned to have compassion for all animals even if they're not cuddly, like snakes and crocs and spiders. The shows like K9-to-5 and Breed All About It got me into dogs and how I learned about therapy dogs. Which is how I got into 4H for training therapy dogs and trained my first ever dog (Max, my Malamute/Aussie) to be one 🙂

I agree about Steve Irwin. Many of the animals he had as did his son now, I feel the same way, "wow, I want one of those, see another one, I want one of those too LOL.

Steve's shows were great, his son if good too. I am glad one of his kids followed his dad's footsteps.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2019 9:35 am
Ash
 Ash
Member Admin

I'll have to check out Robert Irwin's stuff. I really liked Steve and his unbridled passion for animals of any species. The fact that he calls a crocodile a "beauty" tells you how much more he sees in these animals; most people think they're ugly; I think they're quite beautiful. Just shows that Steve could see something in each animal that made it beautiful.

I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/08/2019 1:43 pm
Share:

Please Login or Register