Notifications
Clear all

Lana and Wendy

prk22
Estimable Member

I've been rather absent from reading the board recently...because a month ago we got two new additions to our little 'pack'...

Lana- Grey Fox
Wendy- Striped Skunk

They are so adorable in each of their own ways. They sleep together...and play...and though Lana tends to run with our coonhound (and older dachshund) in the yard...Wendy is more prone to chillin' with our cat.

Dinner time has taken on it's new set of comical antics...and bed time seems to finally be settling in.

Out cat has carried both Lana and Wendy to the litter box to show them where/how to use it. Lana has been *knocks on wood* accident-free since day 2...and Wendy gets the idea, but sometimes misses the box...so she's (sorta) accident free as well.

Pictures will come in time...but we have a lot going on with a new move in two months and heading back home for a week to make this summer's family reunion.

That's what new with me!

~Pätrick

Topic starter Posted : July 8, 2013 7:18 pm
Jen Jen
Honorable Member

:O You HAVE to tell me all about Lana! OMG!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 8, 2013 11:51 pm
Ash
 Ash
Admin Admin

Congratulations on your new additions! Smile I remember you mentioning you were going to get a gray fox this year, and I think that's so exciting. We don't have enough people on this forum with gray foxes. It'll be wonderful hearing about your experiences with Lana as well as with Wendy.

I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 9, 2013 2:06 pm
prk22
Estimable Member

They are both growing up so fast! I have been MIA from the board- we've been doing a lot of New England traveling/educating!

Pictures to come by month's end!

~Pätrick

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 17, 2013 9:07 am
Ash
 Ash
Admin Admin

They are both growing up so fast! I have been MIA from the board- we've been doing a lot of New England traveling/educating!

Pictures to come by month's end!

Can't wait for the pictures! I'll bet you just love having them.

How are they at educational shows? And what age did you start taking them around?

I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 19, 2013 3:15 pm
prk22
Estimable Member

The plan is to look through photos and upload this week.

Lana is so smart though- which I think we can all boast about our fur-angels at home. She knows her name, come here, a whistle command for come here, sit, easy, no, lay down, drop it, are you hungry, stay, oh no (which is her on her back covering her eyes), may I have a kiss...and she is working on walking on her harness...and fetch. She is still enamored with the dogs...takes her naps with the coonhound...he loves her. She social grooms with the cat. Runs around after dinner every night with Wendy.

Wendy is about 90% in the litter box...but always around it. She knows her name, are you hungry, no, and sit...we are working on 'up'...but I think that is the most I will get from her.

So excited to see how much they learn as they grow up!

~Pätrick

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 9, 2013 1:30 pm
prk22
Estimable Member

'The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 600 KiB.'

...so maybe I will not be uploading photos. :-/

~Pätrick

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 15, 2013 2:45 pm
Jen Jen
Honorable Member

Upload the pictures to imgur.com and share them that way.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 15, 2013 6:59 pm
Share: