Notifications
Clear all

'Camelsandfriends' reveals her girlfriend killed her pets

Buggle
Eminent Member

For anyone whose been following the Camelsandfriends (Youtube channel of Alex komechak) saga, which includes her numerous anti-exotic pet statements (even though she has exotic pets and uses them to make money) and recent video of her wolfdog 'attacking' her because, according to her, he got bitten by an ant (ridiculous), she's also now admitted that her abusive girlfriend has killed some of her pets, including a popular cat named 'pancake'. Despite her apparent poor health and mental state, she is still 'adopting' more animals and asking for donations for them, a practice I abhor. She still hasn't acknowledged all her fibs about the so-called wolf attack video and the fact that her animal is not a high content, as she keeps claiming.

Topic starter Posted : August 5, 2017 2:15 am
TamanduaGirl
Admin Admin

Saw the attack video. He gave her tons of warning to back off and she kept taunting him.

Haven't seen this new one as I don't actually follow her.

My fennec fox site: http://tiny-foxes.com
My anteater site: http://www.livingwithanteaters.com

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TamanduaGirl

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 5, 2017 3:03 am
Peacefulward
Honorable Member Pats Friends

Oh man, I don't follow her too closely, and I don't like her at all, but I feel sorry for her situation... I'll have to watch that video.

People were always talking about how she always seems distressed or high too, in one video her eyes kept bugging out and she sounded super montone. I suspect she also does drugs or something to escape from her situation. Or maybe its just her psychiatric medicine. That really sucks.

Hope she will admit to lying about exotics and wolfdogs.

3 Dogs, 2 horses, 1 donkey, ducks, chickens, and a coatimundi currently

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, mink, sand cat, owl (any species).

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 5, 2017 9:17 am
Nìmwey
Reputable Member

Can you find me the videos and time stamps of the actual anti-exotic claims? The only thing I've seen would be her video on Tony the tiger, where she was unsure and asked people's opinions.

Exotic birds, canines, snakes and hoofstock are my main interests.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 5, 2017 12:49 pm
Peacefulward
Honorable Member Pats Friends

Can you find me the videos and time stamps of the actual anti-exotic claims? The only thing I've seen would be her video on Tony the tiger, where she was unsure and asked people's opinions.

I only have the links to her videos on anti-wolfdog stuff. She's said that exotic animals aren't pets though, I remember hearing this numerous times. She doesn't even like the term "own" or "pet" because she says it objectifies them and equates it to slavery...
I know Buggle has more info on it and a screenshots. In one of her latest videos (the one where she's confessing about her abisive ex girlfriend) she said people who clip their birds wings or don't give them aviaries shouldn't own them. That was about 16~ minutes in, when she's talking about her recently rescued zebra finches.

When she started out she was much softer about exotics and captivity in general. I think she turned sour when all the abuse with her girlfriend started up...

3 Dogs, 2 horses, 1 donkey, ducks, chickens, and a coatimundi currently

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, mink, sand cat, owl (any species).

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 5, 2017 3:15 pm
Nìmwey
Reputable Member

Okay, I saw on tumblr she posted some really anti-SeaWorld stuff, even tagging SeaWorld when it was a (possibly) abusive situation at a park that had nothing to do with SeaWorld (Marineland Ontario). When I pointed this out to her, some of my followers (I blog mostly about cetaceans in human care) were really mad about the hypocrisy that she owns a wolf/dog (they called it a wolf, since she does) while being against SeaWorld. (As most people here probably knows, many who love zoos hate SeaWorld, who love SW hate circuses, who love circuses hate exotic pet ownership, and so on, in that rough hierarchy, so this was a bit different.)

About birds, I more or less agree. Not 100% black and white and every situation is different, but I also don't like seeing birds in small cages or with their wings clipped.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 6, 2017 6:08 am
Buggle
Eminent Member

Just in case anyone's interested, she no longer has her wolfdog, claiming it now lives at another facility because she got some new roommates. But, I honestly think he's dead for some reason. She keeps claiming she's going to show footage of him in his new place and it never comes. She seems incredibly evasive in talking about that topic, as she is with other pets that have 'disappeared' without being addressed. She acts like it's so burdensome to provide a quick clip of the wolfdog going to the facility but she had ample time to film her other animals. She's a pathological liar and can't be trusted. I suspect that despite her claims, the 'wolf attack' she uploaded wasn't months ago, but recent, and the animal was destroyed for something having to do with that.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 14, 2018 9:03 pm
Ash
 Ash
Admin Admin

Weird. I never followed her, so don't know much, but after rereading all the posts under this topic... yikes.

I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 15, 2018 3:22 pm
Nìmwey
Reputable Member

I hadn't seen this before, but yikes. I have followed her on and off for several years (first because she was the only one talking about camel husbandry as a private individual, rather than camel farmer or zoo), and I have noticed animals keep disappearing without good explanations, animals always seem to need horrendous vet bills, and I didn't know at the time even if I believed that story about the girlfriend. We'll never know that one, but the disappearing animals and now this claim that keeping wolfdogs is slavery, and the repeating comments that "all wolves have dog blood" or "Lorne is as much wolf as you can find", is ludicrous.

She seems to really have been bitten by the AR-bug, judging from the anti-wolfdog claims and the videos on Tony the tiger and the sea lions (she's also rampantly anti-SeaWorld on tumblr, and my followers, who didn't know her, were really pissed that she thinks SeaWorld is cruel for keeping wild animals while she has a pet "wolf" in the desert?).
Don't know if she always was like that, but calling ownership of any animal slavery seems really strange, coming from her (though I know she's never been a fan of training animals, only "letting them be", from a video when people asked if she would ride her camels).

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 10, 2019 8:33 am
Ash
 Ash
Admin Admin

That girl has no idea what she's talking about... And hypocrite much???

Yep, got bitten by the AR bug for sure.

I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 15, 2019 11:55 am
Share: