Ways to Meet a Pet ...

Notifications
Clear all

Ways to Meet a Pet Fox?  

RSS
Nimbacinus

Hi all,

I currently live in a state where having a pet fox (and many other exotics) is outright illegal. Maryland exotic laws are positively terrible and have only gotten worse in the past couple of years. Nevertheless, I'm interested in getting to meet more exotic animals in places where they are legal to experience what that interaction is like. I'd like to be ready, when I move to where they are legal, to welcome such an animal into my life.

Are there any owners in Virginia or Pennsylvania that would be all right with a potential visit at some time? I can offer in exchange hedgehog interaction, as I've been running a rescue for the critters for going on 8 years now. I realize they aren't quite as dramatic an exotic as the canids are, but they do have quite a bit of charm. 

I've worked with wild canids in the past - including two years on the Urban Coyote Research Project in Montana, but I realize that coyote ownership is likely much lower than fox ownership. Laws surrounding coys seem a lot more restrictive, unfortunately. 

In short - are there any ways beyond knowing owners to interact with foxes and get more experience with the species? 

Thank you for your time.

Posted : August 18, 2020 3:16 pm
Topic Tags
Share: