Notifications
Clear all

Eshu

Page 18 / 18
Ash
 Ash
Admin Admin

She sounds like she's the size of my Ifrit. Ifrit is pretty tiny too.

I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 8, 2015 12:42 pm
the_randomizer
Honorable Member

Oh I'd love to boop her nose <3

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 13, 2015 5:05 pm
Kamal
Reputable Member

Silly thing - and also our “lure the fox out of her den ritual” in photos. :>

Not so long ago she finally accepted me as play partner over a “mother figure” and involved me in her game. She was hyped and over excited and took my hand as playmate - even more she literally searched for it to play with. She usually never involved me into her games this directly - she let me watch, let me cuddle, let me mess for few second but this time we played and she was biting on my hand and shaking it on a careful way - just as I taught her to play with me when she was a kit. I know she could cause serious injury in such games but she kept that healthy way of it which caused no bleeding (still I felt her teeth very well even over 3 layer of clothes and let my skin a bit rubbed up, but nothing deadly).
The older she gets the more open she turns towards me - not saying her trust getting deeper, I always have her trust, more like she involved me more in her life, in her ways and interacting with me as one of her own - which is a wonderful feeling!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 24, 2015 2:19 pm
Ash
 Ash
Admin Admin

That's awesome. She really sounds like she's doing amazing in your care. Ifrit hasn't quite figured out I can be a playmate. Fable and I really could go at it, and he'd be mouse-pouncing on me going nuts. Lately, he's been warn out by Ifrit, and I literally can't do anything to get him "playful" without Ifrit messing it up.

I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 24, 2015 5:17 pm
Kamal
Reputable Member

Haha I guess it will take some time Ifrit will adopt things - Eshu getting more open to me with these as she matures. Always I become a bit more fox for her and if I not drop by every night (happened I didnt see her in 24 hours coz was hella tired and overslept that weekend) she went crying from joy seeing me next time running up and down like a mad fox. 😀

Btw should I worry that her appetite decreased?
Lately I notice the food I usually giving her she not eats it in 1 and sometimes even in 2 days. Her mood is excellent, nothing difference in behavior and her urination/poo is also in perfect shape and also drinking normally.
It is just she not eats that much like she usually did now. Nothing seem change in her weight either, not that she loosing weight.

A bit worried as where I live 2 foxes died with symptoms of not having appetite though their activity also dropped and they slept over their days - which is not our case, yet I still worry a bit.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 25, 2015 9:57 am
Ash
 Ash
Admin Admin

Foxes will eat more or less depending on the year and the weather. If she's still urinating/defecating regularly and is active and healthy, it's probably just a phase. Or she decided she's finished growing and doesn't need as much.

Of course, if she starts going downhill or something, you'll want to take her in to see a vet. But if she's acting normally, it probably isn't a problem.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 25, 2015 3:27 pm
Kamal
Reputable Member

Been a while I posted here anything, having lots of stuff going on . but now I coming with an issue which could be a big problem if I not find solution for it.

Being since a week, maybe two she is literally fighting against the wires of her enclosure which I ignored thinking "oh she is adult, she wont be able to get through it anyway" - now it appears I was wrong.
One part she removed the wires and I seen with my own eyes that she could push her head out up to shoulder even without issues. Now I know cats have a rule, where their head goes through, the body will follow - not sure how much true this is on foxes but it does keep me sick worried.

The wires got fixed by my best, though it is not a professional work.
Earlier she had no any signs about wanting to escape, she accepted her place and I was visiting her every now and then daily to spend time with her like always. I can not tell what is going on and why this peaceful situation suddenly changed into this.

My own theory is that it is about a mating season which by gens could affect her. She was spayed but she is a zero generation wild fox, never been "tamed" previously - she is actually wild in this sense.

What could cause this?
What are the theories?
How you would suggest me to make her stop destroying the wires?

We cant host her atm inside the house and she would not appreciate it either, I want to secure and make sure she won't get away as if she does no chance to recover the situation.

Anything would be helpful, really anything. 🙁

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 17, 2015 7:10 am
TamanduaGirl
Admin Admin

Hormones could be part of it.

What is she eating, the whole diet? Aggression can be increased, especially this time of year, if they are not getting enough of the protein Taurine. This is found in meat products but even more so in organs like liver and heart. I don't know if you could buy a Taurine supplement there but that could help too.

But now that she knows she can open the wire I'm not sure you can stop her without new wire. I had to seal up the drier vent because Aurora was working her way out that way. Once they find a possible way out they wont leave it alone. The only way is to make it so there no longer is a way. I'm my case I just sealed the one spot up. With it being any of the cage wire she could open, then you are stuck with needing to use a higher gauge wire she can't. Lowering her aggression may make her less inclined to but you can never trust this wire now and she could decide to try any time she's bored or something.

My fennec fox site: http://tiny-foxes.com
My anteater site: http://www.livingwithanteaters.com

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TamanduaGirl

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 17, 2015 12:25 pm
Kamal
Reputable Member

Oh her diet is fine - she gets all those mentioned things also additionally carrot and egg since she has incredibly huge love for those two.
Though I give him egg once/week, as some sort of treat.

She continuously keep pushing everything up in the enclosure and first time seeing her literally climb the fences like crazy (the top is covered roof, so she has no chance to get out there).

Daily fixing the wires (just in case) and for now seems it is all right, even if one or two wire get on loose not the way it would give her free way out and not everyday she can find a weaker one. I really strengthen all on the questionable side.
It is fortunate for me now the weather it is cold and rainy and she not coming out from the warmer spots that much like when the weather is less wet.

She responding on me though, she calling me for games and can mess with her fur - nothing sight on aggression, sometimes she even nibs me to get me to play with her which I do as long she decides it was enough. I still can catch her ear and force her down on ground (this is a thing between us, part of a game and I always did that when she did something bad, like too rough in game, then she submits and stop doing what she did before). It just this mad wire messing issue, which not seem getting boring for her yet -

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 20, 2015 8:49 am
Page 18 / 18
Share: