Sybil’s Message Board

[Sticky] Further info  

RSS
TamanduaGirl
Admin Admin

The old board was corrupted beyond repair but I was able to migrate all the data(old posts and accounts and most images) to this new forum. Passwords are encrypted so they could not be migrated so you must do a password reset for your account if this is your first time coming back to the forum.

If you can not do a reset because you don't have access to the email you had with your account you will need to make a new account. I can't change your password for you but if you can prove you are the owner of the account you claim, by knowing what the old email was, I can change your email for you to your new one so that you can reset.

You can now access the board with the old URL https://sybilsden.com/bb/ and it will redirect you here. I will move the forum eventually to that actual location but it's complicated so I will wait awhile.

This topic was modified 23 hours ago by TamanduaGirl
This topic was modified 14 hours ago 2 times by TamanduaGirl
Posted : 15/10/2019 6:23 am
Juska liked
Juska
Noble Member

Just posting as a test to see if my login worked, after changing my password. This is Juska.

Edit: Looks like everything transferred over fine.

This post was modified 1 month ago by Juska

Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the domestic shorthair cat

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/10/2019 2:56 pm
TamanduaGirl
Admin Admin

@juska

Glad it's working. I'm trying to figure out how to redirect the old address to here so people can find us. Or maybe Pat can do it. I couldn't figure it out yet though my self.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2019 12:29 am
TamanduaGirl
Admin Admin

a big THANK YOU to Mary for taking the time to get the forum running.  I appreciate more than words can say.

- Pat

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by TamanduaGirl
ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/10/2019 6:55 pm
Juska
Noble Member

Yes, thanks so much for doing this. So much info stored here, it would be awful if it was lost.

Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the domestic shorthair cat

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/10/2019 3:35 pm
Juska
Noble Member

Confirming the old site redirects here, I just tried it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/10/2019 12:36 pm
TamanduaGirl
Admin Admin

Yes, the site does but not the old forum link. We wanted to keep the site. I've tried everything I could find. It seems like some stuff in c-panel isn't working right as well so right now we're just waiting for Pat's host to return from vacation and hope he's willing to help fix it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/10/2019 6:16 pm
Juska
Noble Member

I get redirected from http://sybilsden.com/bb to here whenever I type it in the address bar, I thought that's what you meant.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/10/2019 12:46 pm
TamanduaGirl
Admin Admin

https://sybilsden.com/bb/index.php Is what I always accessed the board with but that's broken. I actually don't know if it went to the board without the index part but now that and just sybilsden.com redirects to this board.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/10/2019 9:17 pm
TamanduaGirl
Admin Admin

Yay! Pat's host was able to sort the main issues out for us. The main site is back up and using the old forum links will bring you here. We may move the forum back under sybilsden.com/bb and if you use that link now it brings you here.  I suggest using sybilsden.com/bb to get here since we will likely change it to that eventually. It wont be for some time though, her host suggested leaving it alone for awhile, plus it's a bit complicated to move the wordpress forum and I don't really wanna right now anyway 🙂

It was bad timing, his being on vacation when this all went down, but I'm happy at the personalized service. I'd think a big company would be more inclined to be like "not our problem you messed the site up, our host is working fine, good luck".

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2019 9:19 pm
Share:

Please Login or Register