Sybil’s Message Board

Namira  

Page 6 / 6
  RSS
Juska
Noble Member

Namira went to a cat show over the weekend! She only completed 3 of the 6 Household Pet (HHP) rings that were judged, because she got cranky on the 4th one so I marked her as absent for the final 3 rings. But, she got 4th place out of 10 in two rings, and three merit ribbons in all 3 rings she was in. She mainly didn't like the other kitties, lol. I think it was the smell of the other cats she didn't like, and it made her nervous/anxious.

I don't think she'll be showing again, but it was a fun experience! She just wanted to sleep, as you can see in this picture lol. This show was about a 10 minute drive from my apartment so I figured why not. Namira is 5 years old, she was the second oldest cat in the HHP group (out of 14 cats). She's never left the house except for vet appointments, and considering I didn't get her until she was almost an adult, she was surprisingly tolerant of the whole thing. I think she did very well for not being show trained.

I did the cage decor myself. I spent about $20 on materials. She loves the white and black kitty blanket now, it's her new "kneading" blanket 😆 

Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the domestic shorthair cat

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/10/2019 12:56 pm
Ash liked
TamanduaGirl
Admin Admin

That sounds fun. Too bad she didn't think so. I would think most cats wouldn't though unless raised doing that sort of thing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/11/2019 4:37 am
Juska
Noble Member

Yeah, I figured she wouldn't be thrilled either way, but it was fun to try. Reminded me of my 4-H days when I did therapy dog/CGC training. Just being around animals and animal-minded people for a day was neat. She got a lot of nice comments from spectators as well. Next time they have a show in town, I'll take my new camera and try to get some nice shots of the cats in action.

I put Namira's ribbons in a little display case at home.

Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the domestic shorthair cat

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/11/2019 1:44 pm
Page 6 / 6
Share:

Please Login or Register